Reset Samsung A5 – Every electronic device has a factory reset feature that restores devices to its original state by erasing all data stored on the Samsung A5. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung A5.
The Galaxy A5 flaunts a 5inch Super Amoled display which has a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Running the smartphone is a Quad-Core (Qualcomm) processor seated upon Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 chipset. It is coupled with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 306 graphics card. The handset runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS.
Like other smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy A5 also features a back camera and a front camera for photography and videography needs. The main camera has a resolution of 13MP. A 5MP selfieshooter captures brilliant images/videos and outputs clear quality video calling.
If your Samsung A5 is misbehaving and initial solutions are not working, a full reset may be necessary. A reset can help resolve issues with your smartphone if it’s bootloop or crashing, or suffering from problems you can’t identify.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A5
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung A5 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy A5 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy A5 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung A5
- Tap ˊAppsˋ on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap ‘Settingsʼ.
- In the Settings screen, tap ‘Back Up and Resetʼ.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap ‘Factory Data Resetʼ.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Tap “Delete All”.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Hard reset Samsung A5
Step 1 – Shut down your Samsung Galaxy A5 completely by pressing the Power button. If your phone is locked and you’re unable to turn it off, you can wait until the battery runs down and attempt the reset of these steps after charging it back up.
Step 2 – Press the Volume Up, Home and the Power button together till the phone displays the start-up logo.
Step 3 – Once the Galaxy A5 logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the phone enters the Android system recovery mode.
Step 4 – On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the Wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
Step 5 – Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
Step 6 – On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes — delete all user data option is highlighted.
Step 7 – Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy A5, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
The final word
The Samsung Galaxy A5 is a very affordable smartphone but has decent quality features. It has a very good set of cameras on both sides that can click good photos and videos. The performance is decent and will not displease the users at all. Other than that, from the looks to usage, this phone definitely earns its spot.
If we’ve missed an easy way to keep your phone cool, or you have questions about something on this list, let us know in the comments below, or you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter. If you want to get more interesting tips such as bypass factory reset protection on Samsung Galaxy A5, please keep an eye on this JellyDroid.com blog.