There are plenty of good reasons to reset your Samsung On5 and put it back to its factory default settings, including selling it and protecting your private information and simply clearing out the clutter. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy On5.
The Samsung On5 features a 5 Inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and a high pixel density of 294 ppi. The Galaxy On5 sports an 8MP camera setup aligned vertically at the back. The front camera is a 5MP shooter, with software backed portrait mode.
The handset is powered by Exynos 3 Quad 3475 Quad-Core processor coupled with a high 1.5GB of RAM. To handle heavy gaming, the device has ARM Mali-T720MP1 that offers smooth gaming experience without any frame drops. The device comes with an internal storage of 8GB.
Do you want to make your Galaxy On5 work just like the first time you turned it on after you took it home from the store? If you have noticed that your Samsung On5’s performance seems slower than before, it may be time for your device to undergo some reset.
Factory reset Samsung On5
- Go into the ‘Settingsʼ.
- Tap ˊBackup and resetˋ.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Tap on “Reset Device”.
- Enter in your lock screen credentials and then tap on ˊContinueˋ.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on “Erase Everything”.
- Your device will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung On5
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Samsung On5. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
In order for Find My Device to help you reset your phone screen lock, your smartphone needs to be turned on, connected to a Google or Samsung Account and the internet.
Reset Lock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Open https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Samsung On5 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Galaxy On5 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung On5
- Shut down your Samsung Galaxy On5 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press and hold the Power key until the device vibrates, then release it. Keep pressing the Volume Up and Home keys the entire time.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset, then use the Power key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes, then use the Power key to select it.
The final word
Samsung Galaxy On5 is a decent smartphone in an entry-level budget. It has a good pair of camera that can click excellent images. The device also provides decent performance due to the presence of a great processor. Overall, the backup is also very reliable, which makes it a perfect handset at its range.
If you have any thoughts you want to share on the Samsung Galaxy On5, please don’t hesitate to share them down below!. For other tips and tricks such as how to screenshot in Samsung Galaxy On5 which will be coming soon.