In this detailed guide, we will teach you to know that how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon to Android 7.1.2 Nougat via Lineage OS 14 custom ROM. The Galaxy S4 Verizon is one of most popular Samsung smartphones of all time. With the passage of time, the Galaxy S4 has grown old, and the once-loved phone has now become an almost neglected thing. You can now install the Lineage OS ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon and enjoy the latest features Android Nougat has to offer. In this article, we’ll describe how to install official LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S4 Verizon. LineageOS was a quite new OS which was released recently when CyanogenMod stop their all services and development.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily and quickly update your Galaxy S4 Verizon to Lineage OS 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. Full credit goes to XDA developer npjohnson which developed this amazing custom ROM. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full back up of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S4 Verizon via Lineage OS 14 custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given steps.
How To Install LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 14 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
- Turn off your Samsung smartphone. Use your phone specific button combination to go into Recovery Mode – I am talking about Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button pressed at the same time.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-14.1-20180322-nightly-ha3g-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon to the latest Lineage OS 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM.