If you are facing issues such as frequent freezing, abrupt reboots, and performance deterioration over time, you can reset Samsung A9 Star to declutter your smartphone from useless files and apps.
The Galaxy A9 Star flaunts a 6.28inch (1080 x 2220 pixels) FHD+ Amoled display with 393ppi as pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass on top of it for protection.
The handset is loaded with 4GB of RAM and a 2.2 GHz Octa-Core processor seated in a Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus chipset. It also equips an Adreno 512 GPU to handle gaming and multimedia department. It operates on the Android 8.0 Oreo integrated with its own Samsung Experience 9.5 for customization. It comes with 64GB of internal storage that can be increased up to a limit of 64GB via microSD cards.
What Should You Do Before Resetting Your Samsung Galaxy A9 Star?
To factory reset phone is often done to fix many issues. Perhaps your Galaxy A9 Star has some problems with performance, for instance, the phone is running slowly.
Or your phone is picking up a virus or you only want to remove all your files, programs, passwords and other sensitive information and then get rid of the device.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy A9 Star is charged at least 50% so that your phone doesn’t run out of power during the resetting process.
- Ensure any personal data is backed up. As all your phone’s data will be deleted, backing up your entire phone is the smart thing to do.
- Once the hard reset is done, the phone will ask to enter the Google account and password that was previously linked with the device. Therefore, you must know the google email and the password.
- If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card.
Hard reset Samsung A9 Star
- Ensure that the Samsung A9 Star is powered off.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A9 Star
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy A9 Star because you’ve forgotten your lock screen fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy A9 Star from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy A9 Star from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Select the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung A9 Star via Settings
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “General management” and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap ‘Nextʼ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- The Samsung Galaxy A9 Star will reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the “Settings” icon.
- Touch “General management”.
- Press ˊResetˋ.
- Press ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Press ˊRESETˋ.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy A9 Star and prepare it for use.
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Star is a mid-ranged device from Samsung that offers users the best features and a premium smartphone experience. Its excellent pair of cameras along with a ginormous storage capacity sort of makes up for the less than par battery backup that it has an offer. It has a massive battery capacity which can provide enough power to give day-long backup. The device holds a configuration set perfect for any and all games plus all the multitasking jobs to run smoothly.
If you are still experiencing some problems, such as overheating, apps crashing or battery draining; Keep in mind that these things can also come from hardware.