Reset Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus – Every electronic device has a factory reset feature that restores devices to its original state by erasing all data stored on the Galaxy A8 Plus. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory and hard reset of Galaxy A8+ Plus.
The Galaxy A8 Plus comes with an amazing bezel-less display having a small notch on the top. It can provide great viewing experience with the help of the huge 6-inch Super Amoled display having a screen resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixels and a pixel density of 411 PPI. It comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass which will protect the display.
Under the hood, it provides an Octa-Core processor having a clock speed of 2.2 GHz which is seated upon the Exynos 7 Octa 7885 chipset, together which can deliver great performance. There is an ARM Mali-G71 GPU that will handle the graphics of the device smoothly. It has a 4GB RAM that will handle the multitasking of the device.
The malware and viruses may cause slower the performance of your Galaxy A8 Plus and it will also cause problems with the operating system. A factory reset will remove all malware, viruses and your device will be reset to the factory version. Apart from that, it will improve the performance of your phone and your application will run smoothly.
Preparation for Reset
Factory and hard reset will completely erase all the data, settings and content on your smartphone, returning it to the original factory settings. We strongly advise that you back up your device before a reset.
To reset your smartphone and erase all its content, first make sure your phone is connected to a power source. We also recommend that your battery is at least 50% charged when you perform a hard reset.
Factory reset Samsung A8 Plus via Settings
You can reset via the settings menu as long as you can use your Galaxy A8 Plus. Useful for cleaning data, files, cache and others. Minor problems such as force close, full storage and decreased performance can be fixed with this factory reset.
Please follow the guide below according to the Android version on your Samsung Galaxy A8+ Plus.
- Swipe up or down to view the ˊAppsˋ.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch “Factory data reset”.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ‘RESETʼ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch “NEXT”.
- Touch “DELETE ALL”.
- The Galaxy A8 Plus will reset and reboot.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on “Delete All”.
- The Galaxy A8 Plus will automatically reset and reboot.
Hard reset Samsung A8 Plus from Recovery
If your phone is not booting up, you can use the Wipe data option in recovery mode. This method is preferred, as it is more thorough in clearing the storage memory. It is advisable to remove the SD card so that it is not erased.
- Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Power buttons at the same time on your Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus.
- Release the Power button when the Phone vibrates. Continue to hold the Volume buttons until the Android logo appears.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and the Power key to select.
- From recovery, after selecting wipe data factory reset on the hard reset process, choose wipe cache partition.
- Once the process is done, press the power button to select the reboot option.
Your phone will now reboot and start the inital setup process of your A8 Plus. That’s it! All you need to do now is to set up everything and restore your data.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A8 Plus
Protecting your Samsung A8 with some password is always recommended due to increasing attempts of hacking and data leakage these days. When you have an Android Password forgot the phone at hand, it is advisable to perform unlock using Samsung Find My Mobile service. You’ll need your Samsung ID credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
- Log into Find My Mobile with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) has the configuration which works at the pace of Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) cars and in addition comes in metallic body and slim design. Its beefy battery keeps it alive for many hours and its awesome cameras can engage its users for a handful experience in photography. Apart from these, the smartphone also gets other features like a quick charging facility, which give enough reasons to grab this.
Which method worked for you? Let us know in the comment section below.