Restoring your Huawei Nova 2 to its factory state can be a way to solve performance issues, remove virus or get it ready for a new owner. In this article, you will find a step by step guide to reset Huawei Nova 2.
The Huawei Nova 2 4GB RAM flaunts a 5inch IPS LCD display having a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels that provide amazing viewing experience. It is enhanced by the pixel density of 441 PPI that can increase the sharpness of the content. It has the aspect ratio of 16:9 and a Corning Gorilla Glass protect the display from scratches and marks.
For the performance, it features an Octa-Core processor that runs at a clock speed of 2.36 GHz and sits upon the HiSilicon KIRIN 659 chip. It renders great performance together. Further, there is an ARM Mali-T830MP2 GPU and a 4GB RAM that provides smooth multitasking and gaming experience.
How To Reset Huawei Nova 2/2i/Plus/Lite
When your Huawei Nova 2 starts showing signs of slowing down, or are restarting for no reason at all, or some other issues, you may want to do a factory reset if the restart doesn’t work. If your smartphone is still not working, your last option is to do a hard reset.
We recommend you back up your data before you reset the Huawei Nova 2 to the factory settings. This is to prevent personal data in the internal memory being lost, such as images, applications and contacts stored in the phone’s memory.
Note: To prevent data stored on your SD card being deleted, remove the SD card from the Huawei Nova 2.
This is the easiest way to reset Huawei Nova 2. There is no need to boot the phone to another operational mode. Just go to the Settings menu on the phone.
- On Huawei Nova 2 phone, go to “Settings“.
- Find “Advanced settings” and tap on it.
- More menu will appear, choose “Backup & reset“.
- Then choose “Factory data reset“.
- Scroll down and you will find “Reset phone” option. Tap this on as well.
- Confirm it by tapping the “Reset phone” option which will start the process.
This reset method is useful when the phone is not responding or freezes. Some other problems with the phone can also make you unable to use the above method. In this case, use recovery mode for a hard reset.
- Shut down your Huawei Nova 2 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and Power buttons at the same time.
- Let all buttons go when the device shows a Huawei logo.
- Wait for this screen to change automatically to Recovery mode.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- The screen will display “Confirm wipe off all user data?“. Select Wipe Data again.
- Select the Reboot system option from the Huawei eRecovery menu.
3.Reset Screen Lock
If you can’t do a hard reset to solve the problem of forgetting your screen lock pattern, an alternative is to use Google Find My Device. This service requires your mobile phone to be connected to internet access and a Google account.
If these two conditions are met, you can follow the reset guide via Google Find My Device.
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Huawei Nova 2 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Huawei Nova 2.
The Huawei Nova 2 is a well-equipped mid-range smartphone with interesting features. The processor is well enough for the operation task.
In terms of storage, the phone has great storage capacity. The mammoth camera specifications will surely impress you with its unparallel image productivity.
Despite the Huawei Nova 2 problems, it’s still a great smartphone that’s an easy purchase if you have the option and opportunity. Every common issue that the device has is easy to fix, even if some of the fixes take time. If your Huawei Nova 2 has had any of these problems, hopefully, your phone is now performing exactly as it’s intended.