How To Install Viper OS 3.0 Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Samsung Galaxy S5. If you have been missing the stock experience and have grown tired of TouchWiz on your Samsung Galaxy S5, now you can flash a stable build of ViperOS 3.0, all this thanks to senior member ‘anderson mendes’. This is the first public ViperOS build for the Galaxy S5. It is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat and a few things are surprisingly working.
For all those users who like to boast about the tons of features that their device has, you can’t do better than ViperOS. If you like the stock look of the Android operating system, then this is the app you should get. One of the best things about this app is that there was almost no bloatware on it. It comes with only 15 preinstalled apps, and that’s about it.
The ROM also comes with on the air updates so you can easily update the ROM whenever needed. I highly recommend this ROM for the Android purists who don’t like what Samsung has done to the OS. Apart from that, there are several tweaks to the power usage and battery savings, but they are all behind the curtains.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (G900AZ/F/M/R4/R7/T/V/W8,S902L)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Duos (G900FD/MD)
- Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Galaxy S5
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Viper OS on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Now reboot into TWRP. Turn OFF your phone. Now Press and hold Home + volume up + Power button.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Viper-harpia-20180730-Coral-v3.1.1-OFFICIAL.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180720.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Then reboot your phone. In just a few minutes, your Samsung Galaxy S5 will boot into ViperOS. Enjoy!