The Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/G, SGH-M919) has now received the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update. The update comes in the form of a LineageOS 14.1 ROM. You can enjoy the latest Android 7.1 Nougat experience on Samsung Galaxy S4 now.
If you are interested in updating your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 7.1.2 LineageoS Nougat ROM then follow the guide with competing steps using TWRP Recovery. Keep in mind that take a complete backup of your phone now, in case something went wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back. Go ahead and proceed to the given instructions.
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How To Install LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/G, SGH-M919)
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 14 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and GAPPS 7.1 Nougat
- Turn off your Samsung smartphone. Use your phone specific button combination to go into Recovery Mode – I am talking about Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button pressed at the same time.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-14.1-20180323-nightly-k3gxx-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Once the Android 7.0 firmware installation is completed, repeat the above steps to flash the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180318.zip on your Galaxy S4.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while installing the ROM.