Today, we have some great news for LG G2 Mini users. Now your device can be upgraded to Android 7.1.2 Nougat via official build of LineageOS custom ROM. All thanks to the LineageOS team to build this amazing custom firmware for G2 Mini.
Like CyanogenMod, LineageOS offers some of the basic perks of a custom ROM and focuses on providing a better performance than the stock OEM ROM but it is not laden with fancy features. LineageOS is probably one of the closest to stock Android among custom ROMs.
The LineageOS is pretty famous among Android users and builds many amazing custom ROMs for many devices. Now you can test the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS experience on your old phone before the official stock firmware released.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineageOS on LG G2 Mini
- Download Android 7.1.2 LineageOS custom ROM for LG G2 Mini and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for LG G2 Mini.
- Now reboot into TWRP. Hold the POWER button and Volume Down button simultaneously for a few seconds to enter the recovery mode. If you installed TWRP recovery, it should look like this.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180315-nightly-g2m-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20171121.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Your LG G2 Mini will be rebooted and may take about 5 to 8 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated LG G2 Mini to the latest LineageOS Android 7.1.2 ROM.