How To Install Unofficial DotOS 2.4 Android 8.1.0_r43 Oreo ROM On Nexus 5 (Hammerhead). XDA Senior Member Krizthian has released a build of DotOS 2.4 for the Nexus 5, a device released nearly 5 years ago. If you are not happy with the way your Nexus 5 performs or you do not like the look and feel of its user interface or are irritated to see the bloat apps in its app drawer, going for a custom ROM might prove a wise decision.
DotOS is a ROM that primarily focuses on delivery performance while maintaining a stellar level of stability. Which it does provide for the Nexus 5. The ROM is blazing fast and delivers an excellent experience.
The ROM also puts a lot of stress on making the ROM look and feel great without compromising on the battery life or performance. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and AOSP. It doesn’t provide a purely stock experience which is a good thing for those who don’t fancy the barebones Android look. Overall, it’s a well-built ROM with a dedicated team behind it.
Therefore, before you begin installing a custom ROM, make sure you have done the following:
- Installed TWRP Recovery on your Google Nexus 5,
- Rooted your Nexus 5,
- Backed up every single piece of necessary data.
How To Install Unofficial DoTOS ROM v2.4 Android 8.1 On Nexus 5
- Download and transfer the dOtOS for the Nexus 5 dan Google Apps Android 8.1 to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery. you can use a small application from Google’s Play Store. Here are some examples of apps capable of booting TWRP Recovery Mode straight from the Nexus 5 homescreen: QuickBoot, ROM Manager, TWRP Manager, Flashify, and others.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the dotOS-O-v2.4-hammerhead-UNOFFICIAL-20180825.zip
- Similarly flash the Gapps package and wait for the process to complete.
- Reboot System your device once the files is flashed.
If you have any questions about the installation process, the nature of the ROMs listed here, or any other suggestion, let us know in the comments. We always love and appreciate your input.