This resulted in the formation of a huge developer community for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 (Wi-Fi), so even though Samsung has not yet officially released the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 update to these devices, the developers have already released an unofficial version of LineageOS 15.0 custom ROM which is based on Android Oreo 8.0.
Google most recently launched Android Oreo 8.0 which is the latest and the safest version of Android yet. It comes with several interesting features like picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts, app notification badges and a lot of background optimizations.
Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project and since I am talking about the official builds, then you get regular updates, stable patches, as well as high stability. This ROM is relatively new to the world and developers, but give it some credit! You’ll see that it’s worthy of your attention!
How To Install LineageOS 15 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 (Wi-Fi)
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 15 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016
- Turn off your Samsung smartphone. Use your phone specific button combination to go into Recovery Mode – I am talking about Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button pressed at the same time.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-15.1-20180226-nightly-natrium-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Don’t hesitate to share this page with your friends and come back for more. Fresh guides are on the plate for you, so if you’re been anxiously waiting the Lineage OS, you’re in luck!