The official nightly build for LineageOS 14.1 for OnePlus X has been released. If you are eager to install it on your smartphone then you came to the right place. Now you can enjoy Android Nougat on OnePlus X via LineageOS 14.1 ROM.
Lineage OS is as close as a custom ROM gets to stock Android without being stock Android. Lineage OS is also centered around simplicity, a lineage it inherits from the CyanogenMod project. Lineage OS fits the bill for both long time fans of CyanogenMod and for users that are new to custom ROMs. Many custom ROMs used Cyanogen as the base and now they’re moving on to Lineage to stay up to date.
Installing custom ROMs is not a process covered under a warranty of any kind. And even though it does not void the warranty of a OnePlus device it still is one of the risky processes. In case anything goes wrong, you mind end up with a bricked device. It is therefore advised that you do your research before moving ahead if you’ve never flashed a ROM before. DroidViews, or even the developers of the ROM aren’t responsible for anything that happens to your device while flashing the ROM.
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on OnePlus X
If you have installed TWRP on your OnePlus X then follow the steps mentioned down below to install the LineageOS 14.1 ROM on your device.
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 14.1 for the OnePlus X dan Google Apps Android 7.1 32-bit to the internal storage.
- Now switch off your OnePlus X, and pounce into the TWRP mode, which can be accessed by holding down the Power and the Volume Down buttons
- In the TWRP mode, you can create a Backup if you haven’t already.
- Now, choose Wipe and proceed to select Swipe to Factory Reset which can be found on the bottom of the screen.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-14.1-20180407-nightly-onyx-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Finally, reboot into the system.
First boot may take 5-6 minutes, have patience.
Voila! You’ve successfully flashed LineageOS 14.1 on your OnePlus X! You can now enjoy Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your OnePlus X. If you encountered any problems while in the process of flashing, then simply refer us in the comments below.