Xiaomi Mi 5 is a successor of Mi 4. It has a brilliant 5.15 inch IPS display with the resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. It has 4G connectivity with Quad core chipset clocked at 1.3GHz. Featured with 16MP rear camera it delivers best picture quality. Front camera is about 4MP which makes it perfect Mi device.
Stock Nougat ROM for my Mi 5 wasn’t able to meet my requirements. It was slow, battery inefficient and I was unable to multitask efficiently on it. Facing app crashes and launcher redraws was a common thing. So I decided to switch to a custom ROM which could satisfy my all needs and expectations that I have with my smartphone. With extensive searching and testing I could say that ViperOS was the one to fulfil them.
ViperOS ROM is based on the LineageOS and original remix ROM builds. This creates an awesome combination of experience because of its performance, power, and customization. It has tons of features and tweaks to play with, which will not only make your phone vibrant and full of life but also can increase your phone’s performance and in some cases boost its battery life.
Remember it is a stable and official version of the ROM. All parts of the ROM are fully functional. Yes, this means you can use this ROM as a daily driver for your smartphone.
Installation should be carried out carefully, author or developer should not be held responsible for any bricked devices.
- You need to have an Unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery installed on your Mi 5 And Mi 5s.
- Also, you need to have at least 60% battery or more left on your smartphone so that you can proceed with the installation process.
- It is also recommended that you take a backup of all the important files on your device so that you are not at any risk of losing important files on your device during the process as this process involves completely wiping your device.
- Viper-gemini-20171017-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip – For Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)
- Viper-capricorn-20171018-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip – For Xiaomi Mi 5s (capricorn)
- Google Apps 7 .1.2 Nougat
How To Flash ViperOS 3.1.1 Nougat On Mi 5 and Mi 5s
- Once you have completed downloaded the files mentioned in the Downloads section, you can proceed with the installation
- After this, you have to switch off your device and press and hold Power + Volume Down button to boot into TWRP recovery on your smartphone.
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, wipe data and factory reset your device
- Next, Choose Install and you need to select the ViperOS ROM which you downloaded from the Downloads section above and flash the zip file on your smartphone.
- Once the ROM files are installed on the device, you need to wipe data and cache and reboot your device.
After rebooting your phone, you will have Android Nougat-based ViperOS ROM on your Mi 5/5s.
Congratulations, you have flashed a new ROM for your device and are ready to show it off to your friends and family. Good Job!
If you have any problem related to this post please let me know in the comments section below. We will be happy to help.