Reset Galaxy S7 – Every electronic device has a factory reset feature that restores devices to its original state by erasing all data stored on the Galaxy S7. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S7.
The Galaxy S7 sports a 5.1 Inch bezel-less design with a waterdrop notch for the front lens. It is equipped with a Super Amoled display and has a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The device is armed with a camera setup containing 12MP lenses. These can click excellent images and also can record good quality videos. For the selfie lovers, there is a 5MP front lens that can click quite good selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 is powered by a 2.3 GHz Octa-Core processor that sits on an Exynos 8 Octa 8890 2.3 chipset. It is further aided by an ARM Mali-T880 Mp12 and a 4GB RAM. The Galaxy S7 is equipped with a 32GB inbuilt storage, which can be expanded up to 256GB by using a memory card. The combination provides a flawless multitasking performance.
Whether you’ve decided to sell your device or it’s behavior is strange and you can’t fix it, you may need to restore Samsung S7 to factory settings. Factory reset is the process of deleting all data and settings from your Samsung Galaxy S7. So it’s pretty much about going back to the happy moment of unboxing the new device.
Factory reset Samsung S7 from Settings
If the Samsung Galaxy S7 starts normally, use the steps in this section to reset your device to its original factory state. It is very simple and easy to do within a few steps.
- Swipe up or down to view the ‘Appsʼ.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch “Factory data reset”.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch “NEXT”.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung S7 will reset and reboot.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ‘Delete Allʼ.
- After the reset, the Samsung S7 will reboot to the initial setup screen.
Hard reset Samsung S7 via Recovery
If the factory reset method isn’t working for you or you can’t access the Settings Menu, there’s another way to reset the device; using the recovery mode.
- Ensure that the Galaxy S7 is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Yes and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S7
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung S7 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung S7 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy S7 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 is an affordable handset that comes with a lot of features. It has a great processor under the hood, that provides an excellent performance. Moreover, the presence of a big battery means you can always enjoy it to the fullest without worrying much about charging it very often.
If you have any problems that aren’t mentioned here, or just need SAMSUNG help in general, please leave a comment below, and we’ll help you as best as we can.