The LG G3 is one of most popular LG smartphones of all time. With the passage of time, the LG G3 has grown old, and the once-loved phone has now become an almost neglected thing. If you own this phone and have been looking for a way to renew your experience, we got you covered today.
You can now install the Lineage OS ROM on your LG G3 and enjoy the latest features Android Nougat has to offer. In this article, we’ll describe how to install official LineageOS 14.1 ROM on LG G3 D850 and G3 D851. LineageOS was a quite new OS which was released recently when CyanogenMod stop their all services and development.
LineageOS 14.1 is Android Nougat-based Custom ROM which brings all Nougat features and security to LG G3. This ROM gives a Stock UI with many customizations options. You have also a good performance with good battery life.
How To Install LineageOS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM LG G3 D850 / D851
The listed custom ROM is compatible with LG G3 D850 / D851 Variant, Do not try it on any other device.
Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. A TWRP and Philz recovery can do.
You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Download Official Lineage OS Nougat ROM
Download GApps for Android 7.1. Ensure that you choose ARM as the platform, Android 7.1 in version, and pico or nano in variant. Now, tap on the download icon at the bottom of the page.
Flash via TWRP
- Now reboot into TWRP. To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume DOWN and Power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180810-nightly-jasmine-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180811.zip file and select it.
- After GApps are flashed, reboot your tablet. If the process goes right, your LG G3 will reboot to the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based LineageOS ROM.
If you followed everything correctly, you will be greeted with a brand new LineageOS boot animation. The first boot takes a while so don’t worry if it takes longer than usual to boot. Subsequent boots will take just the normal amount of time.