Owners of the Nexus 5 with codename Hammerhead can now enjoy the taste of Android 8.1 Oreo thanks to Resurrection Remix ROM. The ROM is provided by XDA Recognized Contributor Hannibal226, If you are still using Nexus 5, go ahead and give it a shot!
Just as the name implies, this ROM brings extra features to an already robust stock Android experience. The main aim of this ROM is to increase the battery life of the Nexus 5 without sacrificing the performance too much. The Nexus 5 already comes with a pretty solid battery life and will easily last you a day of usage. If you want to squeeze out extra timings, you can easily install this ROM on your smartphone.
Apart from all the usual features, this ROM tends to provide great customization options. You’ll be able to change the status bar in any way you like as well as the navigation bar. From lock screen customization to power menu changes, all are available on this ROM. You can even change how the volume buttons react when you press them.
1. Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
2. Charge your Nexus 5 above 50% battery level to avoid shut downs during the process.
3. Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
How to install Android 8.1.0 Oreo Resurrection Remix ROM on Nexus 5
- Download Android 8.1.0 Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 custom ROM Nexus 5 and Google Apps 8.1 OREO for Nexus 5.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then press the Volume Down and power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the RR-O-v6.2.1-20181111-hammerhead-Final.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat Step 3 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
If you have any kind of questions or queries about these ROMs, feel free to ask them in the comments below and we will be sure to get back to you.