The LG Optimus L90 is one of the top Android smartphones right now, especially when it comes to battery life.So, there is no surprise that a lot of users on that great piece of hardware want to install some of the best custom ROMs for LG Optimus L90.
Viper ROM is based on the latest Lineage OS 14. The Android 7.1.2 build came with a lot of features and the ROM uses the Nougat kernel source update as well. There are a lot of different mods and tweaks baked into the ROM as well.
Though installing custom ROM improves the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM]. Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
How To Install UnOfficial Viper OS 2.1 Nougat On LG Optimus L90
- Download and transfer the Viper OS 2.1 for the LG L90 to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
If you followed everything correctly, you will be greeted with a brand new ViperOS boot animation. The first boot takes a while so don’t worry if it takes longer than usual to boot. Subsequent boots will take just the normal amount of time.