ASUS ZenPad 8.0 (Z380KL) users can now upgrade their devices to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat OS via Lineage OS 14 custom ROM. ZenPad 8.0 (Z380KL) was launched in October 2015 with the 8.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 800 pixels by 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.2GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor paired along with 1GB of RAM and 16 GB ROM. If you want to test and get the experience of Android 7.1 Nougat then the Lineage OS 14 is best custom firmware.
For those of you who are relatively new to the world of custom ROMs, LineageOS has been one of the best custom ROMs available on Android devices until its development apparently stopped for sometime.
- This Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware has to be installed on ASUS ZenPad 8.0 Z380KL (P024) model only.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone will not be recognized by the computer. Download them from here.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it will void your warranty.
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on ASUS ZenPad 8.0 (Z380KL)
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 14.1 for the ZenPad Z380KL dan Google Apps Android 7.1 32-bit to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery. you can use a small application from Google’s Play Store. Here are some examples of apps capable of booting TWRP Recovery Mode straight from the Zenpad 8 homescreen: QuickBoot, ROM Manager, TWRP Manager, Flashify, and others.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-14.1-20180401-nightly-P024-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Done! You have successfully installed the Official LineageOS 14.1 ROM on ASUS ZenPad 8.0 (Z380KL).