How To Install ViperOS Coral v3.1.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM On Motorola Moto G4 Play. Many of us are likely already looking forward to Oreo for the next custom ROM that we flash, and official builds from the popular custom ROMs are currently being worked on. As for the Moto G4 Play, you probably know what you’re getting. 2GB RAM, expandable 16GB storage, 2,800mAh battery capacity, 8/5MP cameras, as well as pre-loaded Android 6.0 Marshmallow software with Nougat decidedly on the way.
If minimalism is what you’re looking for, ViperOS is right up your alley. Possibly the lightest and most functional custom ROM out there, the ViperOS project is based on the LineageOS code while adding useful tweaks to it. While it may not boast of the plethora of features and customizations that other ROMs offer, ViperOS, does promise a soothing user experience overall. It comes with its own unique features such as QS header icon settings, Hardware keys binding, Recents style toggle: cards and grid, Dynamic navbar and others.
This new Viper OS Coral 3.1.1 Android 7.1 Nougat firmware has to be installed on the Moto G4 Play aka harpia model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings – About phone – model number].
Make sure the device has more than 50 percent battery, or else there is a chance for smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
Though installing custom ROM improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Viper OS on Moto G4 Play
- Download Android 7.1.2 Viper OS custom ROM for Motorola Moto G4 Play and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Motorola Moto G4 Plus.
- Now reboot into TWRP. Turn OFF your phone. Now press and hold the Volume Down button for 2-5 seconds. While holding the Volume Down button, press the Power Button for 1-2 seconds and release. After you let go of the buttons, you would see the Fastboot menu pop up. From this menu, scroll downwards to Recovery and select it. Scrolling is done via the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons. Whereas Home button acts as a select/click button.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Viper-harpia-20180730-Coral-v3.1.1-OFFICIAL.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180720.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Done! You have successfully installed the Official ViperOS 3.1.1 ROM on Moto G4 Play.