If you are planning to root your Alcatel Pixi 4 (5), you will have to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery on it. It is a basic requirement and without it, you cannot root your phone.
If you were one of those users who was looking for this guides then we have you covered as we have mentioned the steps to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and root Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) 5010D. So without wasting a minute more, let’s get into the details.
Now if you do manage to get your hands on this device and you want to explore the richness of the Android development world then first you’ll need to unlock the bootloader of the device. This will allow you the freedom to enjoy using custom ROMs and root access to fully unlock the true potential of your device.
There are multiple reasons to unlock a phone’s bootloader, but the most prominent one is because you want to root. Before rooting a device, you’ll need its bootloader unlocked so you can flash the needed files. Additionally, you’ll need an unlocked bootloader for custom recovery TWRP and ROMs.
- Confirm you are using Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) 5010D.
- Check if you have at least 50-70% of battery charge. We don’t want the phone dying in the middle of the process.
- Enable USB-Debugging from Developer Options in the Settings menu. If you cannot find Developer Options, then you’ll have to first enable it by going to Settings – About Phone – Build Number and tap it 7 times until you see a small notification that you have enabled it.
Then return to the Settings menu, you should find Developer Options there. Open it and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Download ADB and TWRP
How to unlock bootloader on Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) 5010D
This method will absolutely wipe all of your data when unlocking the bootloader. As such, please make sure you’ve backed up everything possible before attempting this unlocking method. I’ll repeat it once more; this will wipe all of the data present on your phone.
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Connect your Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) to the PC with a USB cable.
- Open a command window on your PC. Next type the following command
- You should be getting a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with your device name. This will confirm that adb has recognized your device.
- Boot your device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
- Once bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot into bootloader mode. You need to boot it into system now using the command below:
- During reboot, your device will go through a factory reset and then finally boot into system.
And that’s it you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) OT-5010D. If you have any issues do let us know by your comments below.
How to Install TWRP Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) via Fastboot
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery for Android devices developed and maintained by the folks at TeamWin. the custom recovery has more addtional features. It is modified to allow update packages that have not been digitally signed by official sources. Custom recoveries has the ability to create and restore device backups.
Other than a backup, TWRP also allows flashing unsigned zip files which include rooting scripts, custom ROMs / MODs and other similar stuff.
- Connect your Pixi 4 (5) to the PC. And type the following into the command window:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
That’s all. TWRP recovery should be installed on your Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) now. To boot into the freshly installed recovery, press and hold Volume UP and Power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
How To Root Alcatel Pixi 4 (5)
- Download Magisk v1.60 Root Tool
- Switch off your device and boot into the TWRP Recovery by holding Power and Volume UP buttons until the Alcatel Logo appears.
- Once the TWRP menu appears, select the Install option on the home screen.
- Now browse for the Magisk v14.3 file you downloaded earlier and then select it.
- In the next screen, swipe to flash the zip file.
If you had any trouble unlocking your bootloader and installing TWRP, or are still curious on what to do next, leave a comment below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible with assistance.