In this tutorial you will find detailed instructions on how you can reset Galaxy On7 Prime (2018) to its original configuration by using factory and hard reset feature.
The Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime (2018) comes with an amazing bezel-less display having a small notch on the top. It can provide great viewing experience with the help of the huge 5.5 Inch IPS LCD display having a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and a pixel density of 401 PPI. It comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass which will protect the display.
Under the hood, it provides an Octa-Core processor having a clock speed of 1.6 GHz which is seated upon the Exynos 7 Octa 7870 chipset, together which can deliver great performance. There is an ARM Mali-T830 GPU that will handle the graphics of the device smoothly. It has a 3GB ram that will handle the multitasking of the device.
If your phone is misbehaving and lagging, then a factory reset can help you solve the problem. The process of resetting the Samsung On7 Prime (2018) is a lot different than other phones. There are 3 new resetting methods in this post — factory, hard and remote reset. Let’s find out the best way to reset your Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime (2018).
Hard reset Samsung On7 Prime (2018) from Recovery
- Ensure that the Samsung On7 Prime (2018) is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
- Installing system update will show for about 30 – 60 seconds, then No command before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe data / factory reset.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight YES and press the Power key to select.
- When the Factory Reset is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Factory reset Samsung On7 Prime (2018) via Settings
- Swipe up or down to view the ˊAppsˋ.
- Touch ‘Settingsʼ.
- Scroll to and touch ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ˊNEXTˋ.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime (2018) will automatically reset and reboot.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung On7 Prime (2018)
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Galaxy On7 Prime (2018). If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Samsung On7 Prime (2018) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung On7 Prime (2018) from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung On7 Prime (2018) comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. It has a good battery backup and decent processing with a nice set of cameras. The internal storage could have been better but considering the budget, it is a good option to go for.
If we’ve missed an easy way to reset on the Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime (2018), or you have questions about one of the methods on this list, let us know in the comments below. Look forward to other articles such as how to bypass google account on Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime (2018), we will publish it soon.