Reset Samsung M40 – Every electronic device has a factory reset feature that restores devices to its original state by erasing all data stored on the Galaxy M40. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung Galaxy M40.
The Galaxy M40 stocks a decent 128GB internal storage which can be expanded to a sizable 128GB. This phone is powered by the homegrown Snapdragon 675 with Qualcomm processor. The processors are coupled with an Adreno 612 GPU and a sizable 6GB RAM can deliver a blazing fast usage and in-game performance.
The Samsung Galaxy M40 flaunts a beautiful 6.3inch screen with Super Amoled display which exhibits a 1080 x 2340 pixels screen resolution. The expansive 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 409 pixel density ensure pleasant media consumption. The Super Amoled panel is sharp, power efficient, and protected by Gorilla Glass.
Samsung Galaxy M40 interface is beautifully intuitive, handling things like text messages and voice messages very effectively. It also has the capacity to work easily with complex applications. This makes it a very attractive choice for many businesses. However, there are times when you feel the need to reset your Samsung Galaxy M40. It may be behaving erratically or, you may simply want to sell it. Resetting your Galaxy M40 basically erases all of your personal information from the phone.
Hard reset Samsung M40 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Galaxy M40 is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Yes and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
Factory reset Samsung M40
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the “Settings” icon.
- Press “General management”.
- Touch ‘Resetʼ.
- Press ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Press “RESET”.
- Tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy M40 and prepare it for use.
- Head into your “Settings” and scroll down the page to ‘General managementʼ.
- Tap on “Reset”.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reset”.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- After the reset, the Samsung M40 will reboot to the initial setup screen.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung M40
If you forgot your Galaxy M40 lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, but you have setting up Samsung account or Google account before, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on computer.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Galaxy M40 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy M40 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Unlockʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Unlock” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Galaxy M40 has the configuration which works at the pace of Galaxy M40 cars and in addition comes in metallic body and slim design. It further impresses with its excellent front camera which will woo the selfie lover. Apart from these, the smartphone also gets other features like a quick charging facility, which give enough reasons to grab this.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your device thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.