The outstanding 2013 flagship, the Xperia SP might have been long forgotten by the OEM but it sticks to its way on Android. As per Sony guidelines, the device is only supported to be updated to Android 4.4 (Kitkat) which is surely a disgrace for this awesome piece. But does this really affect the developers and contributors at XDA-Developers community? I say, no! and I am cent percent sure that you people share the same thought.
The Xperia SP has become much popular in so little a time and is reported to the best selling Xperia smartphone so far. If you are a proud owner of this handsome giant and are willing to take advantage of the open source nature of Android by trying some custom ROM.
If you want to taste the original Android Nougat with added flavors, what could be better than the LineageOS 14 ROM It’s a pure blend of innovative features, simplicity and high performance.
How To Install Official Lineageos 14 Android Nougat On Xperia SP
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 14 for the Xperia SP to the internal storage or SDcard.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery. Press and hold Volume Down + Power until XperiaLogo appears.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete WIPE of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-14.1-20180308-nightly-huashan-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
You will now be able to experience official LineageOS 14 support on your extremely powerful Xperia SP. Congratulations!!