XDA Senior Member marchetto96 has released a build of ViperOS 3.0 for the LG G3, a device released nearly 3 years ago. If you are not happy with the way your LG G3 performs or you do not like the look and feel of its user interface or are irritated to see the bloat apps in its app drawer, going for a custom ROM might prove a wise decision.
ViperOS is one of the most famous custom ROMs that you can find for various Android smartphones and it focuses on providing users with greater performance and reliability. Just like the Lineage OS, this ROM also aims to stay close to Google’s stock Android look and feel but also adds an essential feature to the already great operating system. The developers are also keen on providing the up-to-date security patches for the ROM, making it one of the most secure ROMs available.
This ROM is for the D855 only, so it certainly won’t work on other variant.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Viper OS 3.0 ROM on LG G3
- Download Android 7.1.2 Viper OS custom ROM for LG G3 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for LG G3.
- Now reboot into TWRP.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Viper-d855-20171018-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170621.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
If you have got any queries hovering over your mind, comment here and leave your feedback. We will catch you later on with this series to be continued with the addition of new Custom ROMs.