If I have to choose just one Lineageos ROM out of all custom ROMs available for the OnePlus 2, ViperOS will definitely be my first choice. This ROM combines various open source features from other ROMs and yet successfuly asserts its uniqueness. What I like most about Carbon is the extensive options for customization. The ROM’s performance is lightning fast and it’s battery friendly too.
This ROM is not officially announced by OnePlus but just a custom ROM. Your device must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP in order to flash this ViperOS custom ROM to your OnePlus 2.
- While installing this custom firmware your entire data will be wiped clean, so before proceeding don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data.
- This given guide containing the ViperOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM is only working with OnePlus 2. Do not apply this guide on any other or incorrect variant, as a result, the device might get bricked.
If you are interested in installing the official ViperOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on OnePLus 2 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
How To Install Official Viper OS 3.1 Android Nougat On OnePlus 2
- Download and transfer the ViperOS for the OnePlus 2 to the internal storage or SDcard.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery mode options on your device.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete WIPE of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the Viper-oneplus2-20171019-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Voila! Your Oneplus 2 will now boot into ViperOS ROM based on Nougat 7.1.2. You can also visit the official ViperOS website for more info on the project.