Now you can think to upgrade your Samsung S5 to Android 8.1.0 Oreo, with an easy and simple method. Brunowp8 was the person who developed this ROM while he was a senior member of XDA. The Samsung S5 released nearly 3 years ago that shipped with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and eventually upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Older phone may still have their uses, and new developments suchas this can extend their usefulness by a considerable amount.
The crDroid ROM is reportedly lightweight and slick. It does not include any bloatware or unwanted background programs. So, you can go ahead and customise, optimise, or personalise your handset to suit your individual taste.
crDroid is a custom ROM based on LineageOS. It comes with all the greatness of LOS 15 and has been optimized by crDroid to provide you the best performance you could get on your device. It is basically a slightly enhanced version of LOS 15. Along with LineageOS, crDroid has ported some of the features from other popular ROMs like AOSPA, SlimRoms, OmniRom and many others great ROMs out there. This ROM is perfect if you want to have good customization and a stable device.
However, in order to install a custom ROM you need TWRP recovery installed on your device. We already have a tutorial for this purpose and you will get acquainted with it in the following guide. Be sure to backup everything before you proceed.
Camera not work, but work with footej camera
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5 klte variant (G900AZ/F/M/R4/R7/T/V/W8,S902L). Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
How To Install cRdroid 4.1 Android 8.1.0 OREO ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Turn off your Samsung smartphone. Use your phone specific button combination to go into Recovery Mode – I am talking about Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button pressed at the same time.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the crDroidAndroid-8.1-20180324-klte-v4.1.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
If you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.