Owners of the Kindle Fire HD 7 with codename tate can now enjoy the taste of Android 7.1 Nougat thanks to LineageOS Android ROM. The ROM is provided by XDA Senior Member transi1, If you are still using Kindle Fire HD 7, go ahead and give it a shot!
The LineageOS ROM includes basic but useful features that include but are not limited to customizing the status bar, changing the overall theme, editing the navbar and much more. While Google’s AOSP is barebones, LineageOS gives it a sense of customizability while maintaining stability.
Installing any custom ROM, and perhaps especially an unofficial custom ROM is not without risk. Your warranty will be void, and there are bound to be some bugs. However, you can restore your device to its previous or original state if things go awry. While you need to keep this caution in mind, let’s get started.
Make sure the device has more than 50 percent battery, or else there is a chance for smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
Here’s how to install LineageOS 7.1.2 Nougat on Amazon Kindle Fire HD codename tate.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineageos 14.1 on Kindle Fire HD
- Download Android 7.1.2 LineageOS custom ROM for Kindle Fire HD and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Kindle Fire HD.
- Now reboot into TWRP. Turn OFF your phone. Now press and hold the Volume UP button for 2-5 seconds. While holding the Volume UP button, press the Power Button for 1-2 seconds and release.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180326-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180720.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Now, your device (Kindle Fire HD) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings => select About phone to confirm the installation of lineage os Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM.