Moto X Pure 2015 was a great Android device as it could provide enough power to satisfy the needs of a picky user, everything for a real attractive price tag. Thanks to those of xda-developers, who managed to port and customize the CyanogenMod 14 system, now you can safely install a stable and a smooth Nougat firmware on your own X Pure.
The ROM comes pre loaded with various features, apps and capabilities through which you can bump the speeds of your phone, you can upgrade the battery life and improve all the other performances. you can also choose to tweak its internal system in order to unleash its true potential. Basically, you can now choose to improve the performances of your Moto X Pure. Well, that’s not all as you will be able to do all that while updating your phone to Android 7.0.1 Nougat OS.
- Make sure that you have at least 60% charge on your smartphone.
- Install TWRP 3.0 or above on your device.
- Make a complete backup of important files on your device to a secure location.
- overheating issues (Fixed)
- issues playing videos from streaming services / apps from some cable TV cable channels (ESPN and Globo, from Brazil, for instance). I don’t know about Youtube (I will test it later). The videos play fine for a few seconds and then they stop with some generic app error. (Now Fixed)
- Camera slow motion doesn’t work
- Battery Drain
How To Install CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)
- Download and transfer the CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.