If you are facing issues such as abrupt reboots, frequent freezing and performance deterioration over time, you can reset Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 to declutter your smartphone from useless apps and files.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 comes with a Quad-Core processor having a clock speed of 1.2 GHz and is seated upon the Marvell PXA1908 chipset. It is assisted by the Vivante GC7000UL GPU and a 1.5GB RAM that keep the smooth operation.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 features a 4.5inch PLS LCD display having a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and a density of 207 ppi.
Sometimes things go wrong with your device, and the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 is no exception. One way to remedy many issues is to do a Factory data reset. And this might be the easiest way to solve the problem on your smartphone. Sometimes your problem could be as simple as a software glitch.
Factory reset Samsung Xcover 3
If Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 starts up normally and you can access the settings menu to do the reset, use the steps below.
- Tap “Apps” on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap ˊSettingsˋ.
- In the Settings screen, tap ‘Back Up and Resetʼ.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Tap “Delete All”.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Xcover 3
If you forgot your Galaxy Xcover 3 lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on PC.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Galaxy Xcover 3 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Xcover 3 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung Xcover 3
Hard reset will yield the same results as factory reset did, just by a different process. Plus, hard reset involves using the Android System Recovery menu, which always makes me feel like a hacker or developer for a few sweet seconds.
- Shut down your Galaxy Xcover 3 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons at the same time.
- Let all 3 buttons go when the device shows a screen that says Installing System Update.
- Wait for this screen to change automatically.
- Use the Volume Down button to move the blue highlight to the option Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Press the Power button to select the Factory Reset option
- Use the Volume Down button to move the blue highlight to the YES option, and press the Power button again to select Yes.
- Use the Power button to select the Reboot System Now option from the Android Recovery menu.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 is a very affordable smartphone but has decent quality features. It has a very good set of cameras on both sides that can click good photos and videos. The performance is decent and will not displease the users at all. The good quality camera too adds up to its charm.
I hope that this article will help you in solving any of the problems you might be facing with the smartphone. Look forward to other articles such as how to lock apps in Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3.