The Motorola Camera is comes loaded with advanced features and tons of options. You can select from dozens of scene modes like Burst, Panorama, HDR, Lowlight, Macro, and TimeShift. Then there is ExScene mode with features like Slow Motion Video, and Stylish Gallery.
Unfortunately, you cannot simply download an APK and install the Moto camera on a CyanogenMod ROM. But thanks to the work of XDA users theroyalseeker. If you’re rooted, you can flash the camera though TWRP.
Working exclusively on android lollipop and marshmallow CM (Cyanogenmod) based roms
How to Install MotoCamera
- Download the MotoCamera port file from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP).
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Port file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once your system boots up, you can now enjoy your new camera app. If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup.