Readers, be advised, this CM14.1 custom ROM is an Alpha version and contain bugs in it and some features are also not functioning.
CM 14.1 firmware is based on Google’s latest Android 7.1 Nougat software. It brings night mode, bundled notification, improved battery optimisation, multi-window options and numerous other value-added features to enhance user experience.
Kindle Fire HDX 3rd Gen device owners, if interested, can install the new software by following our step-by-step tutorial provided below.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going ahead with custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing memory in the tablet, so make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of the tablet getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted midway.
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void; the company will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
How To Install CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for the Kindle Fire HDX 3rd Gen
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.