Restoring your Redmi 9 to its factory state can be a way to solve performance problems, remove malware or get it ready for a new owner. In this article, you will find a step by step guide to reset Redmi 9.
Redmi 9 sports a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display that bears a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels along with a pixel density of 395 ppi.
The smartphone is equipped with a Mediatek Helio G80 chipset and an Octa-Core processor setup Cortex A75 and Cortex A53. It has a Mali-G52 MC2 GPU, which provides good graphical performance while the 4GB RAM ensures smooth flow of apps and games.
3 Methods to Reset Redmi 9
If your Redmi 9 freezes, crashes or doesn’t work reliably, now is the time to troubleshoot. A simple resetting also works like a troubleshooting tool and fixes most minor and major device problems. There are various modes of resetting like a factory reset and hard reset.
All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the phone.
Hard reset Redmi 9
If your Redmi 9 is experiencing bootloop problems or forgot the pattern the most effective solution is to hard reset. Here is a guide to hard reset Redmi 9.
- Shut down your Redmi 9 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
- When the Xiaomi logo displays, release all keys.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe data.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Wipe All Data and press the Power key to select.
- When the hard Reset is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Redmi 9
If a hard reset can’t solve the forgotten pattern lock problem, the last resort is to reset it via Google Find My Device. Make sure to sign in the Google account linked to your phone.
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Redmi 9 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Redmi 9.
Factory reset Redmi 9 via Settings
For those who just clean data, junk files and other files. You can use the reset method via the settings menu.
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Redmi 9 will automatically reset and reboot.
Redmi 9 comes with a strong spec-sheet that carries everything to meet the demands of the users. It has a great processing front with a massive battery capacity that can last for more than a day with a single charge. Further, it also gets fast charging support.
Users can also enjoy a photo session provided an impressive set of cameras. In terms of storage, there would not be any need to rely on expandability. Its amazing display serves a great visual experience while reading or watching something.
If you are still experiencing some problems, such as battery draining, overheating or apps crashing; Keep in mind that these things can also come from hardware.