With the help of XDA Recognized Developer Flyhalf205, we now have an official build of LineageOS 14.1 available for the HTC One M9 Verizon. If you have been running a Sense Rom so far it may worth taking a look at this, one of the most popular ROMS available. Currently there are just a few minor known bugs.
Cyanogen, the once popular aftermarket Android ROM is no longer available out there, but the team behind LineageOS are working hard to fill in the gap. The team recently merged the Android 7.1.2 Nougat source code with latest Android security patch for LineageOS 14.1 ROM, and it is also compatible with HTC One M9 Verizon. If you prefer stock Android interface compared to HTC’s custom SenseUI, here’s how you can flash the LineageOS 14.1 ROM on your HTC One M9 Verizon right now.
Make sure whether you have installed the required custom recovery software such as TWRP on M9. Before starting the installation, our phone should have at least 60 percent battery charge. During the installation process, this full charge will prevent the unexpected shutdown as it is a threat to our device.
– LineageOS 14.1 with Android 7.1.2, including all features from LineageOS.
– Always updated to the latest upstream sources and security patches
– Clean builds without any additional bloatware
– Updated every 1/2 weeks
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineAge OS 14 ROM on HTC One M9 Verizon
- Download Android 7.1.2 lineage OS 14 custom ROM (Nightly) and Google Apps (64-bit) 7.1.2 Nougat for HTC One M9 Verizon.
- Power off your device and wait for 5-10 seconds until the device is fully switched off. Press and hold Volume Down button, then press the Power button to switch on your phone and release it, but keep holding the Volume Down button.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat Step 3 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Performing all the above installations, our M9 is now ready with the best custom ROM and Android 7.1.2 update.
Tell us how things worked for you and share your Android experience with us and with other users by using the comments field from down below.