Hard and factory reset can help solve problems with your Vivo V5 if it’s crashing or freezing, running slowly or suffering from problems you can’t identify. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Vivo V5.
The Vivo V5 flaunts a large 5.5inch IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 267 ppi that results in a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. For photography, the device features a dual (13MP) rear camera setup with PDAF and a 20.2MP front-facing camera for selfie lovers.
The smartphone is powered by 4×1.5 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4x 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex A53 processors embedded on the Mediatek6750 chipset. The processor is paired with 4GB of RAM to ensure that the phone runs smoothly with multiple applications open simultaneously. All the graphical requirements are fulfilled by an ARM Mali-T860MP2 chipset. The device runs on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. The Vivo V5 is backed by a massive 3000 mAh Li-ion battery which keeps the entertainment going for long hours.
You’ll definitely need to clean your Vivo V5 before selling or giving it to someone. If you have issues with an unresponsive screen or apps misbehaving, this might also be a way out. However, there are some other troubleshooting methods to try, too.
Reset Screen Lock Vivo V5
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Vivo V5 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Vivo V5.
Factory reset Vivo V5 via Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap More settings.
- In the More settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Format Phone Storage option.
- Finally click Clear Now.
- After your Vivo V5 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
Hard reset Vivo V5 via Recovery
Step 1 – Ensure that the Vivo V5 is powered off.
Step 2 – Press the Volume UP and the Power button together till the phone displays the Vivo logo.
Step 3 – Once the Fastboot mode is displayed, Select Recovery mode by pressing Volume down button and enter it by pressing Power button.
Step 4 – On the displayed screen, tap Wipe data option.
Step 5 – On the next screen, tap Wipe data option.
Step 6 – Press the OK button to hard reset the Vivo V5, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Step 7 – When the hard reset is complete, tap Reboot system.
The Vivo V5 features a powerful configuration which outputs seamless performance. The cameras capture great quality pictures and videos. Apart from that, the large storage capacity along with expandable memory options make it even more profitable. Overall, the device is a good option its price range, you can go for it.
Does your Vivo V5 have a problem you’ve never seen mentioned? Share it in the comments below and I’m sure an answer can be found. There isn’t a problem the device has that can’t be solved one way or another.