ViperOS ROM Moto G4 Plus is based on the LineageOS and original remix ROM builds. With the help of XDA Senior Member Rkschunk, we now have an official build of ViperOS Coral 3.1.1 available for the Motorola Moto G4 Plus (XT1643).
ViperOS V3.1 custom ROM comes with, enhanced security update, night mode, improved battery optimisation bundled notification, multi-window options, and more. In addition to Nougat features, ViperOS offers exclusive wallpapers, themes, performance tweaks, extend battery life and numerous more value-added features to enhance user-experience.
In your first run of this ROM, you’d find it similar to just about every other custom ROM out there. Use it for a couple of days, and you literally start experiencing the true beauty of ViperOS ROM. The added functionalities in the form of Venom include tons of mods for the System, Status bar, buttons, lights, gestures and other various options. Longtime users find it really hard to switch to any other ROM, for even though the features may be present on other ROMs as well, the smoothness and stability is unmatched.
- This new ViperOS [official] 3.1 Android 7.1 Nougat firmware has to be installed on the Motorola Moto G4 Plus aka XT1643 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device has more than 50 percent battery, or else there is a chance for smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Viper OS on Motorola Moto G4 Plus
- Download Android 7.1.2 ViperOS Coral custom ROM for Motorola Moto G4 Plus and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Motorola Moto G4 Plus.
- Now reboot into TWRP. Turn OFF your phone. Now press and hold the Volume Down button for 2-5 seconds. While holding the Volume Down button, press the Power Button for 1-2 seconds and release. After you let go of the buttons, you would see the Fastboot menu pop up. From this menu, scroll downwards to Recovery and select it. Scrolling is done via the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons. Whereas Home button acts as a select/click button.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the
Viper-athene-20171017-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180720.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 7.1 Nougat based ViperOS custom ROM on Moto G4 plus. If you have any issues or queries regarding above-given guide, then tell us in the comments section below.