The Asus ZenFone Max is one of the most powerful phones out there. Millions of people own it and this popularity attracts Android developers’ and prompts them to develop more ROMs and apps for this giant device. This article aims at saving your precious time and providing a shortlist of some of the best ROMs that can enrich your experience with your Asus ZenFone Max.
ViperOS Python v2.1 is yet another Nougat ROM for Asus ZenFone Max. It’s a feature packed ROM with great customization options. ViperOS ROM is based on LineageOS. As a result, you get an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.
Before we move on, let me tell you that flashing any third-party ROM or Kernel on your device will void the warranty of your Asus ZenFone Max. And, if you make any mistake during the procedure, there are chance that you might even brick it. Therefore, be careful.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ViperOS 2.1 ROM on Asus ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
- Download Android 7.1.2 ViperOS 2.1 custom ROM Asus ZenFone Max(ZC550KL) and Google Apps 7 .1.1 Nougat for Zenfone Max.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then press the volume up and volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Viper-Z010D-7.1.2-Python-v2.1-20170630-OFFICIAL.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat Step 3 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Your ZenFone Max should now be running on the latest ViperOS ROM. If you encounter any problem, just drop a comment. I will be haapy to help you out.