Moto G 2013 LTE is quite a popular device of 2013 and also it was the most sold mobile of 2013 because of its great specifications and hardware and also it was a budget smartphone. And Motorola is still updating its Moto series to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but the inquisitive ones can get the new software right away.
Recently, senior XDA member, Rkschunk, shared an official build of ViperOS 2.1 for the first Moto G 2013 LTE bearing model peregrine. The ViperOS custom firmware upgrades the Moto G 2013 LTE to Android 7.1.2 from the older Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
ViperOS could be a quick and performance oriented ROM, because of its light-weight nature. along side the performance, the ROM doesn’t sacrifice on options further. It brings layers based mostly Substrantum theming, that enables you to theme your interface in step with your would like. The ROM brings a stock look however you’ll be able to customise everything as well as the status bar, notification drawer, buttons etc.
Steps to install Android 7.1 Nougat on Moto G 2013 LTE (peregrine) with ViperOS ROM [using TWRP recovery]
- Download Android 7.1.2 ViperOS custom ROM Moto G LTE and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Moto G LTE.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then Press “Volume Down key +Power Key” for 5 Sec then release at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Viper-peregrine-7.1.2-Python-v2.1-20170630-OFFICIAL.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- Once both the Gapps and ViperOS ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
After the device has boot up, it will be running Android 7.1 ViperOS Nougat custom ROM.
How To Install Xposed Framework ViperOS 2.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM
Download Xposed-SDK25-Nougat-ARM and flash via TWRP (don’t forget to wipe dalvik cache and cache)
Install application Xposed Installer apk