Restoring your Redmi 5 Plus to its factory state can be a way to solve performance problems, remove malware or prepare it for a new owner. So, why not learn how to reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
The Redmi 5 Plus boots on MIUI 9 which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system. A 2 GHz Octa-Core processor is seated on the Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 chipset ensures quality performance. The processor is further coupled with a 3GB RAM so that it can perform well in terms of multitasking. In addition, an Adreno 506 GPU is also present that delivers superb graphical display.
The Redmi 5 Plus flaunts a 5.99inch IPS LCD display which exhibits a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device has a pixel density of 409 ppi and carries an aspect ratio of 18:9.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
If you want to sell your Redmi 5 Plus and want to erase everything from your smartphone in no time, then you can go for factory reset and all of your data will be wiped up. The method is very basic and easy to understand for all the Xiaomi devices because a layman can do it without product knowledge.
What Should You Do Before Resetting Your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus?
- If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 10-20 minutes and try reset again.
- Ensure any personal data is backed up. As all your phone’s data will be deleted, backing up your entire device is the smart thing to do.
- When you try to start up your device after completing a factory reset, you are required to log in to the original Google Account in the initial setup.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus via Recovery
- Turn off your Redmi 5 Plus and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, and Power buttons until you see the XIAOMI logo.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Navigate with the volume buttons to Wipe data and confirm with the Power button.
- Navigate to Wipe All Data and confirm with the Power button.
- Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will now reset.
Reset Screen Lock Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Redmi 5 Plus from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Redmi 5 Plus.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus from Settings
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
The Redmi 5 Plus comes with an impressive camera and beautiful display design. The processor is well enough for the operation task. Lastly a good battery and wide arrayed connectivity sets the perfect motion inside.
Some of these problems stem not so much specifically from XIAOMI itself, but from having one of the latest updates. If you have a serious problem, especially involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your device. If you want to get more interesting tips such as how to frp unlock Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, please keep an eye on this JellyDroid.com blog.