There are many reasons you’ll want to reset your Samsung J5 Prime, and there are many different methods to do so. Here you’ll learn about four different levels of resetting your Galaxy J5 Prime.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime bears a 5 inches bezel-less display having a waterdrop notch. It has an LCD display, which exhibits a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a pixel density of 294 ppi.
Coming to the optics front, a primary camera setup consisting of 13MP lenses. The camera setup can click crisp and clear images. The aforementioned waterdrop notch houses the front lens of 5MP.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime has a 64-bit Exynos 7 Quad 7570 SoC, where a quad-core processor with 1.4 GHz clock speed is placed. The combination delivers a powerful performance while running multiple tasks at the same time. These are further assisted by a 2GB RAM and an ARM Mali-T720 GPU.
We recommend that you reset Samsung J5 Prime in this way before you sell, donate, or otherwise give away the device and you want to make sure no one else can see your personal content or account information. This is pretty much the only time you need to choose this option; if you are experiencing software trouble with Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime and want to reset it for troubleshooting.
Hard reset Samsung J5 Prime from Recovery
- Ensure that the Samsung J5 Prime is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until you see the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime logo.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Navigate with the volume buttons to Wipe data / factory reset and confirm with the Power button.
- Navigate to Yes and confirm with the Power button.
- Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Your Galaxy J5 Prime will now reset.
Factory reset Samsung J5 Prime via Settings
- Swipe up or down to view the ‘Appsʼ.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch “Factory data reset”.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch “NEXT”.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung J5 Prime will reset and reboot.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J5 Prime
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you can try hard resetting the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung J5 Prime from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime is a premium device that comes with an elegant body and a bezel-less display that compliments the overall look. The processor-RAM combination makes the device good for multitasking as well as for gaming without a lot of lag issues. The storage is quite good so that you can keep an ample amount of applications, videos, songs, etc in the device.
Fortunately, there aren’t many Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime specific problems. Some of the problems that the smartphone has are more than troublesome, but fortunately can be fixed at most in a few minutes. Every problem has a solution, no matter how complex. See you in the next article about how to flash Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime.