If your Samsung J1 mini is running slowly or you’re encountering bugs and crashes on a regular basis, an easy solution is to simply reset your smartphone to its defaults, removing all your apps, files and everything else that could be causing a problem.
The Samsung J1 mini features 4 inches IPS LCD display. The display of the device comes with a good resolution of about 480 x 800 pixels and has a pixel density of 233 PPI, which delivers an amazing viewing experience. Corning Gorilla glass protection is there to keep away the screen from scratches or marks.
Samsung Galaxy J1 mini features a Quad-Core (ARM Cortex A7) processor that is coupled to a SC8830 chipset. The device comes with a 768 MB ram, which enables the device to perform without any lag and switching between apps is quite easy. The graphics parts are taken care of by an ARM Mali-400MP2 graphics processor.
There will always be situations where you want to reset your Samsung Galaxy J1 mini. Resetting your Samsung will help you fix minor errors, apps crashing or if you simply want a speed boost. However, you might want to know how to do it.
What to do before resetting your Android
- If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 10-20 minutes and try reset again.
- Backup all your phone’s data. This will reset the smartphone to the factory default state and it will clear out the memory buffers and reset the phone and application data.
- When you try to start up your phone after completing a factory reset, you are required to log in to the original Google Account in the initial setup.
- If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card.
Hard reset Samsung J1 mini via Recovery
Step 1 – Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy J1 mini is powered off. If your phone is locked and you’re unable to turn it off, you can wait until the battery runs down and attempt the reset of these steps after charging it back up.
Step 2 – Press the Volume Up, Home and the Power button together till the phone displays the start-up logo.
Step 3 – Once the Samsung J1 mini logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the phone enters the Android system recovery mode.
Step 4 – On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the Wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
Step 5 – Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
Step 6 – On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes — delete all user data option is highlighted.
Step 7 – Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung J1 mini, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Factory reset Samsung J1 mini
- Go into the “Settings”.
- Tap “Backup and reset”.
- Tap on ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Tap on ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Enter in your lock screen credentials and then tap on “Continue”.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on ˊErase Everythingˋ.
- Your device will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J1 mini
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can try hard resetting the Samsung J1 mini. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Samsung J1 mini from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J1 mini from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Samsung Galaxy J1 mini is an excellent mid-range smartphone that presents a strong spec-sheet to stand out from the crowd. The cameras are capable of capturing an excellent image. It has a decent battery backup that can be fueled easily. The processing front also shows admirable built that can deal with any sort of functioning.
Despite the Samsung Galaxy J1 mini problems, it’s still a great smartphone that’s an easy purchase if you have the option and opportunity. Every common issue that the phone has is easy to fix, even if some of the fixes take time. If your Samsung Galaxy J1 mini has had any of these problems, hopefully, your device is now performing exactly as it’s intended.