If your Samsung Galaxy C7 2017 isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to restore the phone to its factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy C7 2017.
The Samsung Galaxy C7 2017 is powered by an Octa-Core processor setup 4×2.39 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4×1.6 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated on Helio P20 (MT6757) along with a 4GB RAM. The graphics are powered by ARM Mali T-880MP2 900MHz. It runs on the latest version of Android operating system Android 7.0 Nougat.
The Samsung C7 2017 has a stunning Amoled bezel-less display with a notch over the 5.7-inch screen. The smartphone has got an amazing resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with a density of 386 PPI. The Samsung Galaxy C7 2017 is provided with 3300 mAh Li-ion battery, which gives a decent battery backup to the users to perform all the tasks.
Before you can even begin to think about giving your Samsung C7 2017 to someone else, you need to take some time to wipe and reset it to factory settings. Doing so will ensure that nobody has access to the treasure trove of personal information we all keep on our phones. This also works if your Galaxy C7 2017 randomly shuts off and won’t turn back on.
Hard reset Samsung C7 2017 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Samsung C7 2017 is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until you see the Galaxy C7 2017 logo.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Navigate with the volume buttons to Wipe data / factory reset and confirm with the Power button.
- Navigate to Yes and confirm with the Power button.
- Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Your Galaxy C7 2017 will now reset.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung C7 2017
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Galaxy C7 2017. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Reset Lock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy C7 2017 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung C7 2017 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung C7 2017
- Swipe up or down to view the “Apps”.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ‘RESETʼ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ˊNEXTˋ.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Galaxy C7 2017 will automatically reset and reboot.
Samsung Galaxy C7 2017 is an excellent mid-range smartphone that presents a strong spec-sheet to stand out from the crowd. It has a superb camera, amazing battery backup and huge storage. The processing front also shows admirable built that can deal with any sort of functioning.
If you have any problems that aren’t mentioned here, or just need SAMSUNG help in general, please leave a comment below, and we’ll help you as best as we can.