If you don’t think your Oppo A79 is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your smartphone to its factory settings.
Oppo A79 has been equipped with an Octa-Core processor that runs at a speed of 2.5 GHz. It is seated upon the Helio P23 (MT6763T) chipset. Further, there is an ARM Mali-G71MP2 GPU and 4GB RAM, that handles gaming and multitasking of the device with ease. For power backup, there is a Li-Polymer battery having 3000 mAh capacity.
Oppo A79 comes with a 6.01-inch AMOLED display that has a bezel-less design with a waterdrop notch on top. It has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels and a pixel density of 402 PPI. The aspect ratio of 18:9 adds style to the screen.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Oppo A79
Even though your phone is very fast and usually doesn’t have any issues, some owners sometimes have some issues that can’t be fixed. We haven’t seen too many reports of the Oppo A79 freezing, but if so, here’s how to fix it.
Hard reset Oppo A79 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Oppo A79 is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, and Power buttons until you see the OPPO logo.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Tap Wipe data option.
- Tap Wipe data (Keep SMS, Contacts and Photos) and and confirm by touching OK.
- Allow several seconds for the hard reset to complete.
- When finished, please tap Reboot in ColorOS recovery.
- Your Oppo A79 will now reset.
Factory reset Oppo A79 via Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory data reset).
- Tap Erase Data.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Oppo A79 will automatically reset and reboot.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Oppo A79
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Oppo A79 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Oppo A79.
The Oppo A79 is a mid ranged phone with its foremost strength being a powerful front camera for selfies equipped with flash which provides great pictures. The smartphone has a good display and a satisfactory battery performance and proves to be a good reliable smartphone at this budget.
If you are still experiencing some problems, such as battery draining, overheating or apps crashing; Keep in mind that these things can also come from hardware.