In this post, we are going to perform a reset to fix some issues and improve performance back on the Honor 8x.Let’s see how we can reset Honor 8x.
The Honor 8x sports a 6.5inch FHD+ IPS LCD display. It has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a pixel density of 396 ppi. To keep the phone running there is 3750 mAh li-polymer battery which is non-removable.
The smartphone packs an Octa-Core HiSilicon KIRIN 710 processor clocked at 2.2 GHz along with 4GB RAM and ARM Mali-G51MP4 GPU. It runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.2. For storing files and important data it houses a large 64GB internal storage.
3 Easy Methods to Reset the Huawei Honor 8X
If you encounter major software problems on your Honor 8x, then you are not the only one. From slowness to scrolling to significant battery drain, we’ve all been there. The thing to remember is that you can always reset your phone to solve the problem.
1. Hard Reset
For Honor 8x users who experience problems not booting or stuk on the Honor logo, the easiest way to solve this is by doing a hard reset via eRecovery.
This reset process will erase all data and this phone applies FRP (Factory Reset Protection) where you have to re-enter the Google account that was previously synced with your phone.
Here is the reset process via recovery.
- Shut down your Honor 8x completely by pressing the Power button.
- Simultaneously press and hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” buttons until the device vibrates and the Huawei eRecovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the eRecovery screen, select “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- Touch “Wipe data” to confirm the whole operation.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, tap “Reboot system“.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your Honor 8x as a new device.
2. Reset passcode or pattern lock
If you want to reset the pattern lock or password and it doesn’t work with the above method, you can use the Google Find My Device service to remove the pattern lock, PIN and password on the lock screen of your Honor 8X.
Please first backup all data stored on your phone. If you have done a backup, follow the guide below.
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Honor 8x from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Honor 8x.
3. Factory reset
You can use the factory reset method through this setting to simply clean data so that your phone doesn’t lag, free up storage, clean junk and cache files, get rid of viruses and so on.
- In the Home screen tap “Settings“.
- In the Settings screen, tap “System“.
- In the System screen, tap “Reset“.
- In the Reset screen, tap “Factory data reset“.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the “RESET PHONE” option.
- If prompted, enter your device PIN/password/pattern. Touch “NEXT“.
- Finally tap “RESET PHONE“.
- After your Honor 8x reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
The Honor 8x is a bold presence in the price segment, from the vibrant display which makes consuming HD content on it a delight. The cameras on the phone are great for clicking pictures under any condition. The strong configuration of the smartphone ensures that it can easily manage multitasking as well as run high-graphic centric games.
Hopefully now you will be able to get the most out of your Honor 8x. If your smartphone is still not working, leave us a comment.