This is the Custom ROM Oreo 8.1 release for Lenovo Zuk Z2 PLUS. Runs pretty smooth on my try and share here for all of you. A senior XDA Developer forum member, who goes by Rodrigo Rodrigues, has released Android OREO-based Pixel Experience custom ROM. Pixel Experience promises AOSP experience with better performance and extensive customization choices.
Everything is tweaked to follow a strict Google Pixel design and it shows. From the Camera to the theme selector and from the fonts to sounds everything is designed to cater to the fans of Pixel smartphones. The lockscreen also looks quite remarkable on this ROM, which is exponentially better than the one featured on the standard Zuk Z2.
- This will void your manufacturer’s warranty so you should only do this at your own responsibility.
- As your ZUK Z2 Plus’s data will be deleted, you should create a complete backup of your phone. You can also view our list of the best Android backup apps.
- Make sure that your Lenovo Zuk Z2 PLUS is charged at least 50%.
- Make sure that you flash the ROM that is available for your Zuk Z2 plus variant. Flashing a ROM that is not for your variant can brick your phone.
How To Install Official Pixel Experience Oreo On Zuk Z2 Plus
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience for the ZUK Z2 Plus to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete WIPE of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the PixelExperience_z2_plus-8.1.0-20180124-1703-OFFICIAL.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
The Lenovo Zuk Z2 PLUS is a great smartphone which can further be enhanced by these ROMs. If you have any questions regarding the ROMs or about the Lenovo Zuk Z2 PLUS itself, feel free to drop a comment below and we will get back to you in no time at all. Until next time! Keep on flashing new ROMs.