Recently, idler1984 from XDA released ‘pingpong‘ that offers 1-click quick and easy solution to root most of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge can now be rooted without tripping the KNOX counter, including Verizon and AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Fortunately, with pingpongroot, Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge users can root their device without tripping the Knox counter and without using a computer, Android SDK or any necessary commands.
Step by Step To Root SM-G920V/G925V
- Download pingpongroot_beta5.1.apk
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone.
- Now go to settings > system > security > all unknown sources.
- Open file manager and locate the downloaded APK file.
- Tap the APK file and follow on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- Once done, open the installed PINGPONG ROOT application from the app drawer.
- PINGPONG Root will now automatically install Super SU.
- Once SuperSU is installed, in order to activate it tap “Open”.
- SuperSu will display an error message and exit back to PINGPONG Root. This is normaly, so no need to worry about anything.
- Once you are in PINGPONG ROOT , tap the “Get Root” button now and see the magic!
- Reboot your device once done.
- After rebooting the second time, your device should be fully rooted and your KNOX counter will not be tripped. If you’d like to verify that everything went off without a hitch, I’d recommend that you download an app called Root Checker, which is available on the Google Play Store for free.
Now you’re ready to install your favorite apps that require root. Make sure to grant superuser privileges when asked. Enjoy!