Hello OSPREY owners, Now you will be able to experience night mode, bundled notification, improved battery optimisation, multi-window options and numerous other value-added features to enhance user experience. Android Ice Cold Project 12.1 (AICP) custom ROM is as good as CyanogenMod. In addition to Android 7.1 Nougat software features, it also comes with some CM14 attributes, including themes and feature.
There are a lot of tweaks built into this ROM but developer and most of them are quite useful.From status bar tweaks to the settings panel adjustments, this ROM touches almost every aspect of the operating system.
While custom ROMs are a great way to get a fresh experience on your phone, installing these custom ROMs is a risky process. You’ll need a rooted Moto G 2015 and a custom recovery in order to install custom ROMs. And Don’t forget to make sure that your phone is charged at least 70% before installing the ROM and also create a backup of all your important files.
How To Install AICP 12.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Moto G 2015 (Osprey)
- Download and copy the aicp_osprey_n-12.1-NIGHTLY-20170311.zip file on your Android device.
- Now Boot your Android device into TWRP recovery.
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, select ‘Wipe‘ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset‘ perform factory reset.
- Next, Select Install from TWRP home screen, then navigate to the directory where you have kept the aicp_osprey_n-12.1-NIGHTLY-20170311.zip file and then select the ROM file and slide the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen to start the flashing of the Custom ROM
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after a few minutes, a message ‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
- Reboot system Now
I hope you will enjoy your time with this new ROM. The Moto G 2015 (Osprey) is a great smartphone which can further be enhanced by this ROM. If you have any questions regarding the ROMs or about the Moto G 2015 (Osprey) itself, feel free to drop a comment below and we will get back to you in no time at all. Until next time! Keep on flashing new ROMs.