The MIUI 8 is really popular nowadays and is also regarded as the best UI for any android smartphone. The interface will transform any android device to what Mi phone looks today. Not only will users be able to download thousands and thousands of themes, but the simplicity and responsive UI is what we addicts love. You can now flash and enjoy the sweetness of the latest MIUI 8 on your Nexus 5!
I’ve been using MIUI since Kitkat days and have also developed a bunch of themes for this ROM. MIUI 8 is certainly the most beautiful avatar of MIUI so far. Unfortunately, MIUI is notyet officially available for Nexus but as I said earlier, our developers make things happen with their spell. Thanks to XDA senior member Dio_S who has ported MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Nexus 5!
It does have a few little bugs and we hope that in the coming days all of them’ll be sorted out. Some of the minor known issues the ROM has are as follows:
- BASE CM > Mobile network signal doesn't displays correctly sometimes (No SIM card) > FIX (2-Tap in power button)
- Secured WiFi hotspots doesn't work > FIX: Settings > Others settings > Original Settings > Portable hotspot
- Custom Apns are not saved, but edit an existing one is possible
We at jellydroid won’t be responsible for any bricked devices or boot loops. Please do some research before flashing the ROM. However, if you followed the steps correctly and got stuck somewhere, don’t worry we will help you. Use the comments section below.
How To Install Official Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 Nougat On Google Pixel
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Now, your device (Google Nexus 5) will take a 10-15 minutes to complete the booting process.
Once rebooted, you can now enjoy the latest and sweetest MIUI 8 on your Nexus 5! We will keep you flashaholics updated with the latest builds. Till then, Happy flashing!