LG has abandoned the L90 a long time back considering it an old device. The LG L90 didn’t receive Android Marshmallow update last year and there is no chance it will receive any updates in the future. So, if you’re looking for some Nougat love, you might be quite disappointed with LG right now. Luckily, developers didn’t forget the LG L90 yet. Development for the LG L90 is still going good and there is a Nougat ROM available for your precious L90. So, get ready to install Android Nougat ROM on LG L90.
CyanogenMod is the favorite custom ROM for most of the Android adventurers, and there’s no denying it. The fact that CyanogenMod is long dead now is a bit awful for many people. Now that it’s gone, I’ve moved on to Lineage OS which is the successor to the CyanogenMod. Lineage OS is successfully carrying the legacy of CyanogenMod, and it’s obviously similar to its predecessor. So, what they can do is, to install Android 7.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 on LG L90.
How To Install Official Lineageos 14 Android Nougat On LG L90
- Download and transfer the LineageOS 14 for the LG L90 to the internal storage or SDcard.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery. Press and hold Volume Up + Power until LG Logo appears. While still holding Volume Up, quickly release and press and hold Power button until Factory Reset screen appears. Don’t worry, this won’t reset your device with any of the newer recoveries available. Use Volume Up/Down to navigate and Power to select. You must select ‘Yes’ twice before you will boot to recovery. It will take a few seconds after choosing “Yes” the second time before the recovery will boot.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete WIPE of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the lineage-14.1-20180304-nightly-w7-signed.zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
That’s it. You’ve installed the LG L90 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. Happy exploring!!!