Hard and Factory reset are the best solutions to solve many Android problems. If your Huawei Y Max is much slower than before, you have a persistent malware infection or are planning to sell your phone, a factory reset is the most convenient solution. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Huawei Y Max.
The Huawei Y Max comes with a thin bezel provided at both side. It has a 7.12 inches IPS LCD display having a resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels and a pixel density of 350 ppi. The screen has an aspect ratio of 18:9 that will enhance the appearance of the display making videos and gaming look more adorable.
The phone is equipped with the Octa-Core processor having a clock speed of 2.2 GHz. The base of the processor is provided by the Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus chipset, together which will give smooth performance. It has the Adreno 512 for handling graphics. The multi-task of the device is looked after by the 4GB ram that will render smooth performance.
To factory reset phone is often done to fix many issues. Perhaps your Huawei Y Max has some problems with performance, for example, the device is running slowly.
Or your phone is picking up a virus or you only want to remove all your files, passwords, programs and other sensitive information and then throw away the device.
Hard reset Huawei Y Max via Recovery
- Turn off your Huawei Y Max and wait a few seconds.
- Simultaneously press and hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” buttons until the device vibrates and the Huawei eRecovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the eRecovery screen, select “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- Touch “Wipe data” to confirm the whole operation.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, tap “Reboot system“.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your Huawei Y Max as a new device.
Reset Screen Lock Huawei Y Max
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Huawei Y Max from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Huawei Y Max.
Factory reset Huawei Y Max via Settings
- In the Home screen tap “Settings“.
- In the Settings screen, tap “System“.
- In the System screen, tap “Reset“.
- In the Reset screen, tap “Factory data reset“.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the “RESET PHONE” option.
- If prompted, enter your device PIN/password/pattern. Touch “NEXT“.
- Finally tap “RESET PHONE“.
- After your Huawei Y Max reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
The Huawei Y Max impresses with its beautiful and elegant design as well as with its good features at an excellent price. The cameras are excellent to click good quality images and the presence of ginormous storage made it a good option. A larger expandable memory and a bigger battery would have made it the perfect phone to pursue in a moderate budget. It sets mid-range smartphones, but is still a great device from Huawei.
Does your Huawei Y Max have a problem you’ve never seen mentioned? Share it in the comments below and I’m sure an answer can be found. There isn’t a problem the smartphone has that can’t be solved one way or another.