Verizon has just released the official Android 4.1.2 software update for Droid RAZR HD and comes in firmware build number 9.30.1. So for those who already received this 9.30.1 update and likewise for those who already runs their devices and had been waiting for a working root to this 4.1.2 9.30.1 build, this is for you.
Make sure that your Verizon Droid RAZR HD is eligible with this update. Don’t hesitate to search the device model number in the “About Device” option under Settings.
Use of this root method is solely at your own risk! Rooting voids the warranty of your device.
Here is a easiest method to root Verizon Droid RAZR HD running on latest Firmware version: 9.30.1.
- Install Motorola USB Drivers
- The second thing you must do is to enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to “Settings”, then “Developer Options”.
- Download and Extract Saferoot.zip file and open the extracted folder.
- Connect your Verizon Droid phone to your computer.
- Open the saferoot folder and It’s time to double click on the install.bat file. Now, a command prompt should open and start to the automatically root the handset.
- At the completion of rooting procedure, your phone will reboot automatically.
You must have a new app installed now: SuperSU. Check it in app drawer. Also, to check whether you got root access or not, use this simple made-for-this-purpose app, Root Checker.